D.Sc. • Physical/Analytical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, M. Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Syracuse University, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
Ph.D. • Chemical Engineering
Technical University of Crakow, Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Krakow, Poland
B.Sc., M.Sc. • Chemical Engineering
University of Mining and Metallurgy, Department of Coal Processing in Power Engineering Chemistry, Krakow, Poland
2. RESEARCH INTERESTS
- › Environmental Application of Adsorption
- › Modification of materials
- › New sorbents and catalysts
- › Surface characterization
- › Methane/natural gas/hydrogen storage
- › Adsorption/desorption phenomena
- › Gas separation
- › Deep desulfurization of fuels
- › Catalytic photooxidation
- › Graphite oxide based composite adsorbents
- › Graphene/MOF composites as adsorbents
- › Gas sensors
- › Carbon materials based supercapacitors for energy storage
3. MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- › International Adsorption Society
- › American Carbon Society
- › Polish Carbon Society
- › American Chemical Society
4. AWARDS & HONORS
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, Spain (2016-2017)
- American Carbon Society Graffin Lecturer (2016)
- Appointed to National Academies Committee On Examination of the Disposal of Activated Carbon from the Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition Systems at Chemical Agent Disposal Facilities (May 2008- May 2009)
- Editor, Journal of Colloids and Interface Science (2014-present)
- Guest Professor/ Sky Scholar, Dalian University of Technology, China 2006-2009.
- On the Editorial Board of Chemical Engineering Journal (2017-present)
- On the Editorial Board of Adsorption Science and Technology (2005-present)
- On the Editorial Board of Applied Surface Science (2014- present)
- On the Editorial Board of Carbon (2014- present)
- On the Editorial Board of Adsorption ( 2013-present)
- On the Editorial Board of Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2008-2010)
- On the Advisory Board of American Carbon Society (2010- present).
- On the Board of Directors of International Adsorption Society (2013-present)
- On Scientific Committee of Pacific Basin Conference on Adsorption Science and Technology II, Australia, May 2000.
- On the Scientific Committee of IV International Symposium on Surface Heterogeneity in Adsorption and Catalysis, August 2006
- On the Scientific Committee of 2nd Carbon for Environmental Protection Conference, October 2009.
- On the Advisory Board of 1st United Arab Emirates Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry (ECPAC11)-American University of Sharjah, February 2011.
- On the Scientific Committee of Colloids and Materials, Amsterdam 2011.
- On the Advisory Committee of International Carbon Conference, Krakow, Poland 2012
- On the Scientific Committee of Fundamental of Adsorption Conference 10, 2013- Baltimore
- Nominated for CCNY Mentoring Award
- Nominated for Eni Award
- Session Organizer /Chair at Annual ACS Meetings in Philadelphia (2004) and San Diego (2005).
- Editor “Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation”, Elsevier, 2006.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia; Fall 2006
- Visiting Professor, University of Orleans, France, Fall 2009.
- Visiting Professor , University of Malaga, Spain, Fall 2013.
- Visiting Professor, University of Adelaide, Australia, Spring 2014.
- Plenary Lecturer at Brazilian Institute of Chemical Engineers Meeting, Iguassu Falls, Brazil, September 2010.
- Plenary Lecturer of Carbon in Catalysis, CarboCat4, Conference, Dalian, China, November 2010.
- Invited speaker to 1st International Symposium on Chemistry of Energy Conversion and Storage (Germany; February 2001).
- Invited Keynote speaker to Carbon for Energy storage and Environment Protection IV (France, September 20011)
- Discussion leader at Hydrocarbon Resources Gordon Conference (January 2009)
- Excellence in Review Award; Environmental Science and Technology, 2005
- Excellence in Review Award; Carbon, 2008
- Excellence in Review Award; Carbon, 2012
- Excellence in Review Award; Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2012.
She also advocates for natural health, and always makes an effort to provide information on the topic to anyone interested in listening. If you are interested in an online source of information you can go here to check out alternative medicine.
Teresa J. Bandosz
Professor @ Chemistry Department - City College of New York, CUNY
The City College of New York - Department of Chemistry
Marshak Science Building; Office: J-1316
T: (212) 650-6017
Fax: (212) 650-6107
Fulbright Senior Scholar, 2016-2017
Spain, University of Malaga