D.Sc. • Physical/Analytical Chemistry
Department of Chemistry, M. Curie-Sklodowska University, Lublin, Poland
Syracuse University, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
Ph.D. • Chemical Engineering
Technical University of Crakow, Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Krakow, Poland
B.Sc., M.Sc. • Chemical Engineering
University of Mining and Metallurgy, Department of Coal Processing in Power Engineering Chemistry, Krakow, Poland
2. RESEARCH INTERESTS
- › Environmental Application of Adsorption
- › Modification of materials
- › New sorbents and catalysts
- › Surface characterization
- › Methane/natural gas/hydrogen storage
- › Adsorption/desorption phenomena
- › Gas separation
- › Deep desulfurization of fuels
- › Catalytic photooxidation
- › Graphite oxide based composite adsorbents
- › Graphene/MOF composites as adsorbents
- › Gas sensors
- › Carbon materials based supercapacitors for energy storage
3. MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
- › International Adsorption Society
- › American Carbon Society
- › Polish Carbon Society
- › American Chemical Society
4. AWARDS & HONORS
- Appointed to National Academies Committee On Examination of the Disposal of Activated Carbon from the Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition Systems at Chemical Agent Disposal Facilities (May 2008- May 2009).
- Editor, Journal of Colloids and Interface Science (2014-presenyt
- On the Editorial Board of Adsorption Science and Technology (2005-present)
- On the Editorial Board of Applied Surface Science (2014- present)
- On the Editorial Board of Carbon (2014- present)
- On the Editorial Board of Adsorption ( 2013-present)
- On the Editorial Board of Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2008-2010)
- On the Advisory Board of American Carbon Society (2010- present).
- On the Board of Directors of International Adsorption Society (2013-present)
- On Scientific Committee of Pacific Basin Conference on Adsorption Science and Technology II, Australia, May 2000.
- On the Scientific Committee of IV International Symposium on Surface Heterogeneity in Adsorption and Catalysis, August 2006
- On the Scientific Committee of 2nd Carbon for Environmental Protection Conference, October 2009.
- On the Advisory Board of 1st United Arab Emirates Conference on Pure and Applied Chemistry (ECPAC11)-American University of Sharjah, February 2011.
- On the Scientific Committee of Colloids and Materials, Amsterdam 2011.
- On the Advisory Committee of International Carbon Conference, Krakow, Poland 2012
- On the Scientific Committee of Fundamental of Adsorption Conference 10, 2013- Baltimore
- Nominated for CCNY Mentoring Award
- Nominated for Eni Award
- Session Organizer /Chair at Annual ACS Meetings in Philadelphia (2004) and San Diego (2005).
- Editor “Activated Carbon Surfaces in Environmental Remediation”, Elsevier, 2006.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia; Fall 2006
- Guest Professor/ Sky Scholar, Dalian University of Technology, China 2006-2009.
- Visiting Professor, University of Orleans, France, Fall 2009.
- Visiting Professor , University of Malaga, Spain, Fall 2013.
- Visiting Professor, University of Adelaide, Australia, Spring 2014.
- Plenary Lecturer at Brazilian Institute of Chemical Engineers Meeting, Iguassu Falls, Brazil, September 2010.
- Plenary Lecturer of Carbon in Catalysis, CarboCat4, Conference, Dalian, China, November 2010.
- Invited speaker to 1st International Symposium on Chemistry of Energy Conversion and Storage (Germany; February 2001).
- Invited Keynote speaker to Carbon for Energy storage and Environment Protection IV (France, September 20011)
- Discussion leader at Hydrocarbon Resources Gordon Conference (January 2009)
- Excellence in Review Award; Environmental Science and Technology, 2005
- Excellence in Review Award; Carbon, 2008
- Excellence in Review Award; Carbon, 2012
- Excellence in Review Award; Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 2012.